*** Now Offering Relocation Bonus ***
K'awat'si Construction Company is looking for experienced Red Seal Carpenters to join our team in Port Hardy, British Columbia.
Relocating to Port Hardy: If you want to find a place on the Vancouver Island to live that’s both affordable and livable, there is no other place on the island to live right now than Port Hardy. Port Hardy is ideal for those who love to spend time outdoors and enjoy wildlife. Residents can enjoy kayaking and other water activities such as scuba diving and surfing. Port Hardy is located close to secluded Vancouver Island beaches such as Raft Cove, Grant Bay and San Josef Bay.
What We Offer:
- Enrollment in company benefits after 6 months of employment
- 1 month of covered accommodation in a hotel room, for individuals relocating from outside of Northern Vancouver Island
- $500 relocation bonus
- $1500 bonus after successful completion of probationary period
- Wellness incentives including a free in-person counsellor and a discounted gym membership
- Discounted meals.
- Company events and holiday parties
- Growth and development opportunities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, sketches or building plans, determine dimensions and materials required
- Back framing
- Frame checking
- Installation of windows and doors
- Installation of insulation and vapor barriers
- Siding and interior finishing
- Ensuring all work is done in accordance to standard building practices, design specifications and BC building code.
- Loading, unloading or moving building materials to the appropriate locations
- Operating a variety of hand and power tools
- Other Duties as assigned by the Manager
- Must have own vehicle for transportation
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 10 Years of related experience required
- Latest Driver’s Abstract
- Valid Driver’s License
- Red Seal Certification
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $39.00-$43.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you willing to relocate to Port Hardy, B.C.?
- Residential Construction: 5 years (preferred)
- Carpentry: 10 years (preferred)
Work Location: On the road