Bethell Hospice Housekeeper – Casual
About Bethell Hospice
Bethell is a non-profit organization, located in the village of Inglewood, in the Town of Caledon, where dedicated and compassionate employees and volunteers provide exceptional palliative care services to individuals and families facing life-limiting illnesses in the Caledon, Brampton, Dufferin County and West Woodbridge regions of Ontario.
Hours of Work
This is a casual position to provide back-up support for housekeeping happening on the weekends and during the week. Hours can be somewhat flexible, with shifts running from 4 to 8 hours, based on employee and organizational needs.
The Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of Bethell Hospice and ensuring that adequate supplies of cleaning materials are available. Responsible for cleaning all resident rooms and upstairs common areas, floors, ensuring washrooms are cleaned and disinfected, vacuuming carpets, washing ledges, baseboards, handrails, tables and beds in client rooms, ensuring spills are promptly mopped up, replenishing bathroom supplies as needed, ensuring kitchen cleaning meets Public Health and IPAC standards. Managing all waste removal and recycling, ensuring bins are clean and lined, as well as accessible for garbage pick-up. Maintaining and cleaning equipment, reporting broken and/or missing equipment issues right away to the Facility Maintenance Coordinator. Taking inventory to keep cleaning supply cart well stocked, cleaning cart at the end of each shift. Following all policies and procedures as outlined in the Housekeeping manual including appropriate infection control procedures. Actively participate in ensuring a safe environment at all times (WHMIS, Infection Control, Fire Safety). Successfully complete training, as required.
Minimum high school graduation or equivalent English literacy to read and comprehend safety and operational training and policies, and write basic information
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- The successful candidate must be able to obtain Vulnerable Sector clearance
- Experience in janitorial/laundry/housekeeping duties, preferably in hospital or long-term care facility
- WHMIS and Infection Control training (will be provided if necessary)
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, volunteers, families and clients
- Motivated by being kind and helpful towards others
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; comfortable accepting assignments and following instructions
- Demonstrated outstanding attendance and reliability
- Welcomes feedback from others; able to learn new information quickly
- Skilled in using equipment and materials such as cleaning agents safely and effectively
- Can safely move/lift 25 lbs, stand for long periods, repetitive reaching, bending, pushing and lifting using safe ergonomic techniques, comfortable using PPE as required.
- Must have reliable transportation as location is not close to public transportation
- Takes pride in their quality of work
Bethell Hospice offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes, in accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are contacted by Bethell regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Casual
- housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)