Job title :
KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Kelowna General Hospital is looking for a Casual Switchboard Operator. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
- Your Grade 12 Diploma;
- Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
- Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of switchboard, registration and cashier duties, such as:
- Processes calls (internal and external) and establishes communication links;
- Provides information to customers and assists in relaying messages;
- Answers emergency calls and follows established communications procedures in emergency situations;
- Maintains Physician paging system and after hours physician’s emergency lines;
- Records and organizes data to facilitate the operations of the morgue;
- Receives "On-Call" information from physicians and updates data as required;
- Receives patient porter requests and dispatches transfers to the patient porter team;
- Maintains confidentiality of classified information.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
- Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**