AMENDMENT - Posting will close October 24, 2023.
This posting is to fill 4 full time perm positions, 1 term anticipatory perm.
This is an until –filled competition. Candidates are encouraged not to delay submitting their application as this posting can close at any time with 24-hours posted notice. Resumes will be screened at regular intervals until the position is filled or the competition closes, whichever is earliest.
Reporting to the various Clinic Managers of the Integrated Health Service’s Branch, this position provides program, administrative and reception services to ensure effective and efficient support to services, activities, staff, and clients of the Yukon Midwifery Clinic (YMC), Bilingual Health Centre (BHC), Chronic Conditions Support Program (CCSP), and Whitehorse Walk-In Clinic (WWIC), including both medical office reception and assistant services. The primary responsibility is providing support to the clinic health professionals and the clinic clients/patients, while maintaining the legal and ethical boundaries of client confidentiality.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have experience providing support to clinic health professionals and clinic clients/patients, while contributing to an environment that is inclusive, non-discriminatory, and physically, psychologically, and culturally safe.
Note for Bilingual position: English is the administrative language of work in the Government of Yukon therefore your resume must be submitted in English.
For more information about this position, please contact Melissa Laluk, Director, Integrated Health Services, Health, and Social Services at (867) 336-1353 or at [email protected]. Please note we will not accept any resumes via email.
For information on the recruitment process, contact Sneha Iyer, Human Resources Consultant at: [email protected]. Please note we will not accept any resumes via email.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet each of the following qualifications. Please note, selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Experience providing customer service to a diverse clientele.
- Experience in managing multiple tasks/demands.
- Experience in transcription/data entry of clinical information is an asset.
- Experience working in a medical office is an asset.
- Formal educational as an administrative medical assistant is an asset.
- Experience using electronic health record systems such as Panorama and/or Meditech including searching and adding patient records is an asset
Candidates who have education, training and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Ability to operate within a transdisciplinary team including healthcare professionals within a healthcare setting.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Critical thinking, relationship building and conflict management skills.
- Experience working with a diverse population.
- Knowledge of Yukon Government’s Putting People First report is an asset.
- In addition to the above, candidates will be assessed on their French and English language proficiency. (Bilingual candidates only)
This is an imperative designated bilingual position. A condition of employment is that you have and maintain a sound knowledge and command of English and French, and that you are able and willing to function satisfactorily in both languages. An underfill appointment may be considered if the successful candidate does not achieve the language proficiency required for the position.
Conditions of employment
- TB screening.
- Vulnerable Sector RCMP security clearance,
- Valid CPR BLS, WHMIS 2015, within one month of hire
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- May be required to participate in an afterhours schedule to support clinic services outside of regular business hours.
Learn more about us!
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways—from simple to extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural, and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
To learn more why the Yukon Government is recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, please select the following link: Top Employers for Canadians Over 40 (2020)
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out these links: The Yukon Life Travel the Yukon
Check us out: Working at the Yukon government