First General Services (Sudbury) Inc. is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a permanent, full-time, project manager. The Project Manager is responsible for the success of assigned projects, and is the person primarily responsible with communicating with homeowners, insurance companies, brokers, engineers, subcontractors and in-house staff. They ensure that the project is completed on time, on budget, and to the required quality standards. The focus of this role is to scope projects and estimate the work required to restore properties to their pre-loss condition.
Major Duties Include:
- Scope and estimate residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional building losses in accordance with accepted construction and insurer practices, using standardized Xactimate price lists and protocols.
- Consult and communicate with front end staff, field staff, insurance adjusters, engineers, architects, homeowners, and subcontractors throughout the claim process.
- Own every aspect of each claim from start to end, including emergency response, estimating, coordinating work, communicating with homeowners and insurance providers, and First General management.
- Meet or exceed all First General and client Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and customer feedback surveys.
- Monitor project budgets, scope, timelines and ensure quality control with on-site inspections
- Prepare work and purchase orders as required for field staff and subcontractors.
- Review daily mail folder and approve invoices and labour costs correlated to specific jobs.
- Communicate with other project managers to ensure major issues are resolved in a team environment.
- Ensure on-site compliance with Health and Safety issues.
- Assist other project managers as required, in order to share technical expertise or resources.
- Communicate customer expectations to field staff on an ongoing basis.
- Actively participate in monthly project manager meetings.
- Assist the GM and Owner with staff training and development.
- Handle and resolve customer issues expeditiously on his/her files or assist with others.
- Support the administration staff in delivering superior customer service.
- Available for inclusion in the after-hours on-call rotation to respond to after-hours emergency calls.
- Advise the GM or Owner of any variances to our normal processes and procedures.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improved service and efficiency.
- Participate in catastrophe response
- Operate a company vehicle on a daily basis
Experience & Skills Required:
- Detailed knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
- Working knowledge of the Health and Safety Code with WHMIS certification
- Valid Class G or higher driver’s license
- Clean criminal record
- IICRC certified (minimum WRT, ASD, FSRT)
- A minimum of 5 years experience in restoring properties that have suffered water, wind, fire, mould, or vandalism losses.
- Superior time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- A passion for customer service and process improvement.
- Proficiency with using smartphone and desktop applications including Xactimate, XactAnalysis, Encircle, MS Outlook and MS Word
Starting salary is $50,000 + commission, which is calculated as a percentage of sold job price.
Domestic relocation assistance will be considered for the right candidate. While we thank all for your interest only those with the outlined criteria will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Project Management: 5 years (Required)
- Ontario Building Code: 5 years (Preferred)
- IICRC (Required)
- Working at Heights (Required)
- Drivers License G (Required)