Network Technician providing support to clients across Canada.
Our organization is seeking a full-time Computer Network Technician/Administrator to support Small and Medium Business customers throughout Atlantic Canada. You must have great customer service skills and able to work with wide range of tasks. This position requires the candidate to provide phone support and to travel within Southern New Brunswick to various client sites. The candidate must be good on the phone, patient, and a clear communicator. Must be able to effectively troubleshoot a wide variety of issues and document, perform root cause analysis
You will be responsible for designing and maintaining the networks for customers in ways that optimize its performance. The ideal candidate will be a competent individual with great passion for technology. An analytical mindset will be essential for effective troubleshooting and improving the network’s functions. The goal is to create and manage a well-functioning and reliable network to support rapidly expanding businesses.
We require a skilled a Computer Network Technician who can offer quality support to customers over the phone, via email, through remote support tools and in person. The Computer Network Technician will troubleshoot software and hardware issues to determine if repairs are required and then coordinate those repairs with the customer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Network Discovery, Assessments, and Written Analysis
- Setup, configuration, and maintenance of Windows Servers including Active Directory
- Setup and maintenance of In-House Exchange Servers
- Implementation of Microsoft Office 365 services
- Physical to Virtual Migrations, support, and maintenance
- Troubleshoot LAN/WAN connectivity issues
- Virus and spyware detection and removal
- Desktop support for multiple users in multiple locations
- Install and set up network printers
- Outlook and E-mails
- Microsoft Office Suite
Qualification and Skills
- Microsoft certified qualifications, MCSE, MCITP, etc
- 3+ years’ experience in an IT support role
- Proven experience as a computer network technician or relevant position
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware
- Must possess a basic understanding of computer network cabling
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, functions, and requirements listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its environment change.
Due to high volume of resumes received, we will only be responding to candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls, please. We will only accept resumes via email. Failure to apply in the manner specified may result in elimination from potential candidacy selection.
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Support: 1 year (Preferred)