The Town of Drayton Valley is committed to providing a quality childcare program within the Early Childhood Development Centre. We are seeking a candidate for a maternity leave position. Your assistance will be needed in bringing together a shared vision to aid in carrying out a curriculum to meet the needs of the children within the program. You must desire to exceed our customer’s needs and possess exceptional organizational skills and a strong work ethic. You must have a background in program implementation, planning strategies and a formed child care philosophy.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Act as first contact for inquiries from public – receiving and passing on complaints and inquiries on to proper personnel. Orientation of new families to facility.
- Orienting new staff:
- Providing tour of facility to new staff and clients
- Introducing new staff to payroll process
- Reviewing policies and procedures of Centre with the new staff
- Posting billing on lockers monthly and reviewing with parents as needed.
- To be familiar with and assist the supervisor and management staff with all emergency and safety procedures required.
- Completing monthly safety inspections.
- Preparing announcements for parents
- Calculating attendance and auditing weekly
- Calculating County vs Town attendance and tracking
- Archiving old files, auditing children’s files for missing information, and gathering missing information from parents.
- Assembling parent packages and new staff packages for the Child Care Centre.
- Editing and maintaining parent and staff handbooks
- Completing documents and assignments on the computer with accuracy, establishing the most effective and efficient systems, and initiating improvements for storing and filing paper and electronic documents and reports.
- Remains up to date with all licensing requirements and preparations for licensing visits.
- Assist in license renewal and accreditation site review on a three year rotation.
- Act as a Town Representative with Boys and Girls Club or other associations that may require participation to help us benefit community.
- Plans and organizes special events including but not limited to; workshops, community education of Early Childhood Development, field trips, special luncheons and speakers as approved by the Program Manager.
- Receipting of parent fees as required
- Preparing expense / grant excel workbook and filing receipts monthly.
- Tracking grant expenditures
- Invoicing drop in care and updating drop in calendar
- Supporting parents with subsidy applications
- Assisting with weekly deposits
To assist with the supervision of the facility and its immediate surroundings by:
- Assisting staff with ratios for breaks as needed.
- Ensuring the comfort and safety of the children at all times
- Ensuring that facility misuse where necessary is documented and reported
- Following all ECDC procedures and standards regarding the use of the facility.
- Ordering required office materials as well as other supplies for the facility as requested by the Program Manager.
- Maintaining visual integrity of the foyer area, brochure display areas, and bulletin boards; and to update the information displayed in these areas as required.
- Supporting programming staff in preparation of accreditation materials.
- Preparing year-end review of events for community and partners.
- Assisting management with marketing the facility and its services by promoting the facility services where appropriate including workshops, and special programming.
- Assisting Program Manager with staff performance appraisals;
- Preparing promotional material, brochures, and posters for display within the centre or distribution.
- Developing monthly newsletters and forwarding the same to identified agencies, businesses, organizations, and individuals.
- Collaborating with sponsors to offer external programming
- Collaborating with local agencies to communicate events to parents
- Collaborating with Administration and the Childcare Operational Board in hosting community events
- All other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Staff Scheduling for summer holidays, take 7 and planning days, sick days
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Level II or III Early Childhood Qualification (Required)