Manager Governance, Office of the President & CEO-MON18053
Bombardier is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing planes. Our products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy efficeincy, reliability and safety. We are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit.
This role is located in Montreal, Canada and reports to the Executive Vice President Services and Support, and Corporate Strategy.
This replacement mandate is a great opportunity to work with our executive team including our President and CEO. You will get the chance to manage the team’s governance, support the annual strategic planning exercise and contribute to other strategic projects. You will have the opportunity to build an internal network of collaborators and strengthen strategic partnerships and therefore increasing your knowledge and understanding of the different parts of the organization.
In your role, you will:
o Governance at the President & CEO level:
- Act as a Chief of Staff for Bombardier’s President & CEO and his leadership team
- Oversee a team responsible for;
Determining, planning, coordinating, and supporting key Governance meetings and activities relative to the Office of the President & CEO
o Annual Strategic Planning:
Supporting the Bombardier 5-year strategic plan and various strategies including the cross-functional coordination and detailed plan to meet revenue and EBIT targets
o Strategic Projects:
Supporting special projects and business opportunities to help grow the different areas of the business including programs, customer experience and operations
- Lead the build and delivery of the team plans, priorities, and schedules
- Establish and monitor sustaining activities and level of services pertinent to the team and stakeholders
- Aid with prioritizing major deliverables and projects of the team, along with driving timelines and quality in order to meet and exceed stakeholder expectations
- Act as a representative of the President & CEO team in larger cross-functional settings to align priorities of the teams and provide subject matter expertise in the areas the team is responsible for
- Support the creation, monitoring and governance surrounding key Strategies and Initiatives by directly working with key stakeholders, aligning with top management and so on.
- Manage a team comprised of 1 direct-report, Sr. analyst, Governance and Strategy
- Build and develop a team with a wide range of knowledge and experience levels by ensuring development plans are progressing, resources are in-place for each individual, and so on
- Maintain an inclusive and nurturing work environment that drives employee motivation and engagement
As our ideal candidate,
- You have 10 years of relevant work experience
- You have, as an asset, previous experience in a management role
- You hold a University degree preferably in Business or an analytical field such as Finance, Accounting, Economics or Engineering
- You have acquired an MBA or other a professional designation (an asset)
- You possess creative, problem-solving capabilities and an ability to think strategically
- You are comfortable interacting/presenting to all levels of management, including senior leadership
- You are customer focused and thrive on teamwork and collaboration
- You work effectively with cross-functional teams
- You have strong business acumen and awareness of general market trends
- You are comfortable with general financial concepts (e.g. cashflow analysis, P&L, net present value, etc.)
- You have previous experience with governance processes, strategic planning and managing projects
- You are results oriented and have previously demonstrated both flexibility and creativity in your working style
- You have very strong communication and organizational skills
- You are an excellent listener and have an ability to impact and influence those around you
- You have excellent spoken and written abilities in English, and a working-level ability in French. Other languages are an asset
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age immigation status, disability or other applicable legally protected Characteristics to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at https://bombardier.com/en/careers/career-opportunities
Your ideas move people.
Job Strategic Initiatives and Planning
Primary Location CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status Regular
Job Posting 16.07.2021, 5:14:14 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing