The STEM Montessori Academy of Canada (SMAC) is a registered not for profit regional STEM program open to all students with the mission to deliver top-notch STEM literacy and application. The STEM program will educate students from preschool to high school. The SMAC will specialize in an advanced, bar-none STEM-based educational curriculum that emphasizes the interconnected subject areas of science, technology, engineering, and math.
As a registered non-profit, we are looking for an experienced and result-driven Social Media Director to join our growing marketing team! As a Social Media Director, you will be a highly motivated individual responsible for setting up, implementing and managing the overall digital marketing strategy for our organization. The Social Media Director is a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for designing and implementing the organization’s content strategy, creating relevant content, blogging, community participation and leadership
.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and manage the social media strategy to align with business goals
- Manage and train the rest of the team
- Oversee all the company's social media accounts and designs (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Measure and manage online content, considering SEO and Google Analytics
- Track SEO and Google Analytics data an make complex analysis
- Organize and lead digital marketing team
- Work collaborate with other stakeholders of the organization to reach targets within deadlines
- Other duties as required and assigned
Duration - 6-12 months; Time commitment: 20 hrs/ week for the initial 4-6 weeks with further management/maintenance commitment of 10 hour per week
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a social media manager
- Be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends
- Ability to deliver creative content
- Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Excellent leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders.
- Excited to join a supportive and motivated team of change-makers with diverse perspectives
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook.
- Working knowledge of Slack platform is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced, community environment
- Excellent people manager
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
What we offer (Volunteers only):
- volunteer hours
- job reference letter (if required)
- On the job training and experience in the marketing field
We are strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome and encourage applications from all religious backgrounds, persons of color, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and others who can contribute to the diversification of our community.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Volunteer
Salary: $0.00 /year
- Social Media Manager: 5 years (Preferred)