Felix Payment Systems is a growing fintech start-up located in downtown Vancouver.
We have created the world’s first 100% cloud-based payment terminal. This cutting-edge technology has all the speed and functionality of a traditional payment terminal with the flexibility and security of a cloud infrastructure.
Felix is leading the charge in the disruption of the payments industry. Our patented cloud technology transforms consumer-grade smartphones into secure portable payment terminals using no additional hardware.
At Felix, we pride ourselves on being innovators in technology and we are always pushing the boundaries to create world-leading technology. If you are a like-minded individual who believes in challenging the impossible, we want to hear from you.
We are operating under a hybrid work model, and we offer flexibility to work from home 2 days per week.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Packaging of software for deployment/release.
- Support deployment/integration of releases to customers sites.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan and design.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience using Qt, Encryption, Git, Linux and Android.
- Experience deploying enterprise grade level software.
- Experience with source control management systems, continuous integration/deployment environments and automated testing.
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum.
- Experience with debugging multi-threaded and concurrent processing applications.
- Understanding of performance profiling and optimization of applications.
- Experience developing Android and Linux applications.
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Understanding of Containerization and Clusters using the likes of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with various deployment frameworks.
- Payment industry experience is desirable.
- Relevant third level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar.
- You must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
You’re excited about joining Felix because we have:
State of the art payment technology
- 3 weeks vacation leave per year
- 6 additional personal leave days per year
- Employee benefits program (including employee life insurance, dental insurance and medical insurance)
- 24/7 confidential employee assistance program
- Unlimited snacks and drinks in the office
- Team games and activities including ping pong, Xbox, catan and bingo
- Weekly strength and endurance fitness class
- Social events including Summer, Halloween and Christmas parties
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please apply now.
At Felix, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experience, and perspectives regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, disability, and national origin.
As part of this commitment, Felix will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations for the hiring process. If reasonable accommodation is required, please contact the People & Culture team at [email protected]