********PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS AT THE EDEN VALLEY SCHOOL**********
Chief Jacob Bearspaw School is a small Kindergarten to Grade 12 school located west of Longview, Alberta (1 hour southwest of Calgary). This is a Nakoda First Nations community therefore the classrooms all have multi-grades in them.
This is a small school of 150 students and we are a progressive, creative and literacy focused First Nations School dedicated to preparing students for the future. We are seeking a visionary leader who can become part of an innovative, creative and successful team of educators.
- Proven school administration experience
- An affinity to First Nations education
- Proven data driven decision making
- Extensive data organization and management (preferably Google based)
- Experience in the use of Powerschool is an asset
- Elementary literacy and numeracy training
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative administration team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both spoken and written
- Alberta Certification
- MEd or working towards one
- A dynamic and enthusiastic leader
- A strong focus on students and their achievement and welfare
- Strong conflict resolution and collaboration skills
- Effective leader in assessment and evaluation approaches
- Have developed positive working relationships with students, parents, staff and community
Preference will be given to applicants who are familiar with First Nations cultural values, beliefs, customs and literacy. A BEd is the minimum with a MEd seen as an asset.
To apply for the position, please do the following:
- If you are a serious candidate, you will have an up to date criminal records / vulnerable sector check ready. You may include this if it is less than 6 months old.
- We will need 3 current references including the last place you have worked.
- As we receive a large number of applications, only those that are shortlisted will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time