Working with adult patients in their homes, the Rehabilitation Assistant (RA) works under the direction of the Physiotherapist and/or Occupational Therapist to deliver treatment programs as assigned by the applicable regulated health care practitioner.
Key responsibilities include completing the therapy treatment program as assigned, documenting the patients’ progress, and reporting outcomes to the applicable regulated health care provider.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Implements the established rehabilitation program with the patient as assigned by the Physiotherapist and/or Occupational Therapist.
- Promotes and facilitates maximum independence of the patient in the home.
- Utilizes technology platform to document patient progress, outcomes and tolerance in real time.
- Facilitates virtual visits with patients and supervising therapists.
- Understands and implements infection prevention practice.
- Participates in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adheres to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Completes other tasks as requested.
Successful Completion of a recognized joint Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy Assistant College program.
Other Skills and Abilities
Enjoy dealing with people and working in a fast-paced customer service environment. Strong communication (oral and written) and passion for patient care. Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent manner. Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with a team and supervising team members. Ability to be self-directed and take direction. Demonstrated knowledge of the utilization of computers in patient care. Commitment to continual learning.
Valid driver’s license with use of a car in the community with travel to and from patient homes a requirement.
Part time and full time positions available. Please specific preference when you apply.