The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading construction products manufacturer and community developer. The original member of Atlantic Canada’s Shaw Group of companies, Shaw Brick was established in 1861 as a small clay and tile manufacturer. TodayShaw Brickcarries an extensive line of quality brick and concrete landscaping products. Our Shaw Brick division is currently looking for a Labourer to join us in Lantz, NS.
The successful candidate will serve as an Labourer working in a team environment on a fast paced sorting line and carry out additional tasks as assigned..
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Sorting and grading product for the packaging department
· Willing to be trained on a Lift Truck
· Must be able to work safely in a physically demanding environment
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
· Grade XII or equivalent
· Aptitude for balancing safety as the priority with the demands of production
· Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly and 80 pounds on occasion
· Positive attitude and motivated to contribute to high production effort
· Ability to operate lift truck in safe manner
· Mechanically inclined with an aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting would be considered an asset
· Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
· Willingness to work overtime as required during peak season
· Hardworking, high integrity, takes ownership
Please note: This is a full time seasonal position, typically April to December. Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week with opportunity for overtime.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies and Shaw Brick please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- construction: 1 year (Preferred)