Starting salary at $18.21 per hour, $21.11 after your first year. Cheap accommodation provided starting at $16.50 per day with free cafeteria meal every working day. Full benefits coverage after 90 days (Health, Drugs, Vision, and Dental) www.lakelouisejobs.com for other great Hotel Jobs
Come join the culinary team at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Develop your culinary skills with some of Fairmont’s most talented chefs, while enjoying the lifestyle of the Canadian Rockies.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to theSous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Review the daily production sheets with the Chef de Partie/Sous Chef and prepare the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guest service.
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
- Keeps work station clean and organized including fridge’s/freezers, countertops and stove tops
- Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
- Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expense.
- Will operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
- Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines.
- Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to chef de partie/ Sous chef in a timely fashion
- Assumes responsibility for the basic operations of his/her station for short periods when required in the absence of the chef de partie
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program.
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-4 years cooking experience in a minimum of two different kitchen departments i.e. garde manger, banquets, a la carte, breakfast etc..
- Valid Health & Safety Certificate
- Experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards an asset
- Red Seal Certificate (Journeyman’s papers) or Recognized International Equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Aspires to become a Sous Chef with Fairmont Hotels and resorts
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Visa Requirements: Applicant must hold the proper work authorization to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise! www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.21 to $21.11 /hour