NATURE OF WORK
The principal and customary work of employees in this employment class consists in performing a set of administrative functions of a relatively complex nature according to established methods and procedures and clerical functions related to activities in their area.
Reporting to the Coordinator Financial Services, and under the daily supervision of the Financial Management Officer, the Administrative Support Agent, Class I will be responsible for providing clerical support to the Finance department:
Length of the contract :
- Process supplier invoices and employee expense reports in Clara Finance ensuring accuracy of vendor information, expense and tax codes, accounting period;
- File completed supporting documentation as required;
- Generate and analyze reports in Clara;
- Handle inquiries from suppliers and College administration with regards to Accounts Payable;
- Issue invoices to external parties and record revenues;
- Monitor accounts receivable balances and ensure payments are received on a timely basis;
- Collect, balance and process student fees;
- Participate in the registration process;
- Record deposits from non-fee revenue;
- Perform billing for sponsored student fees, while working in collaboration with other departments and/or external organizations;
- Provide service in person and respond to telephone and e-mail queries;
- Analyze assigned general ledger accounts; perform account reconciliations as part of the year-end and quarter-end process;
- Record journal entries as necessary;
- Perform other general accounting tasks;
- Perform other related tasks.
September 2020 to December 2020 *
To have a diploma of vocational studies (DEP) with appropriate specialty or a secondary school diploma (DES) or have a diploma or an attestation of studies which is recognized as equivalent by the competent authority and have at least one (1) year of pertinent experience in a computerized accounting environment.
Required Tests :Comments :
- Minimum 1 year accounting experience including: journal entries, account analysis, accounts receivable, cash collection (preferably student accounts);
- Basic accounting skills (testing may be required);
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word (testing may be required);
- Advanced oral and written communication in English (testing may be required);
- Basic knowledge of oral and written communication in French (testing may be required);
- Must be able to work cooperatively in a team and support others when required;
- Ability to work independently and showing initiative;
- Good customer service skills.
Please note that a cover letter addressed to Laura Smith is mandatory. If your work experience has changed since your last visit, be sure to attach an updated resume.
If you are applying on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an email acknowledgment asking you to update your file and submit your resume for your application to be considered.
Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. We thank all applicants for their interest in Dawson College, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Priority is given to internal candidates within their employment category.
- with the possiblity of extension