The YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is a dynamic charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of communities by offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. We have been offering programs and services to the North Bay community since 1958 and to the Greater Sudbury community since 1936! To learn more about our programs and services offered please visit our website.
We are currently looking for an Employment Placement Consultant to join our team of committed professionals. This 6 month part-time contract position within the Association is unionized and housed at the YMCA of Northeastern Ontario’s Elm Street location in Sudbury. Under the leadership of the Quality Assurance Supervisor, the Employment Placement Consultant provides retention supports to clients, mentors/coaches, and employers for various programs and services. This job is also responsible for ensuring optimum job placement retention results while maintaining YMCA values.
March 29, 2020
RATE OF PAY:
30 per week
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- College diploma or University degree in Social Sciences or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in personal and or vocational counselling
- Valid G class driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Advanced computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior presentation/facilitation skills
- Ability to research and develop workshops and community presentations
- Bilingualism in both official languages considered an asset
- Current and Satisfactory Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Assess clients to identify their interests, abilities, skills, skill limits, transferable skills, and retention issues
- Provide information in an individual or workshop setting regarding employment related topics such as workplace orientation, rules and expectations of employers, rights and responsibilities of employees, and health and safety
- Monitor clients progress before, during, and after placements as per program guidelines
- Provide appropriate interventions and assist individuals in crisis situations, when required
- Maintain individual files to the standards set out by the program funders and YMCA
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume both specify the job title of the position that you are applying for.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Human Resources Department.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Check for review prior to starting employment.
Please note that candidates invited for an interview will be required to submit three professional references.
YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.