Color Compass Corporation is the largest automotive refinishes and related auto body supplies distributor in Western Canada. Founded in 1984, Color Compass is a team of over 300 passionate employees who deliver products, training, and solutions that enhance our customer’s production and profitability.
Part Time Accounts Receivable Clerk
Brent Dutka, Credit Manager
The part time Accounts Receivable (A/R) Clerk is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in posting accounts receivable payments. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and resolving account irregularities. This position involves diplomatic interaction with customers to facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization. The right candidate must be comfortable with and have experience making collection calls. This position has the opportunity for future full time employment. This position will work 4 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Collaborate with the Manager to maintain collection goals and general A/R performance levels.
- Post and reconcile customer payments.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
- Form collection strategies to mitigate customer objections to making timely A/R payments.
- Investigate collection problems and advise customers on corporate A/R policies and procedures.
- Make arrangements for payment of outstanding and late accounts; inform Manger of any delinquent accounts.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- 5 years direct experience in an A/R capacity.
- Comfortable making collection calls to overdue account holders.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Strong knowledge of collection regulations and fair credit practices.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills to handle late payments and delinquent accounts.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Diploma or degree in Administration or Accounting is considered an asset.
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$52,000.00 per year
- Do you have experience making collection calls to customers?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Accounts Receivable: 5 years (required)
- fluent English (required)