Supervisor, Welding Engineering Technology Services
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
This position will be responsible for supervising and scheduling the day to day activities of the welding services department personnel in addition to all of the responsibilities of a technical welding associate level 3.
A Day in the Life of an SGS Welding Services Supervisor
- Scheduling of technical welding associates group activities and representing the welding services group during weekly production meetings. Training of new Welding Engineering Techs.
- Reviewing and approving invoices
- Work with engineers, technologists and trades people to help our clients succeed in the construction of critical oil and gas infrastructure projects
- Interpret regulatory and statutory requirements, codes and customer specifications relating to fabrication, welding and materials.
- Determine client requirements, develop testing protocol for welding procedure specifications, and provide clients with quotations for new projects
- Monitor welding parameters, and write procedure qualification records and welding procedure specifications
- Post-secondary education in Welding Engineering, Welding Engineering Technology is required
- Welding Examiner Certificate of Competency issued by ABSA is required
- T.T., C.E.T., or E.I.T. required. I.W.T. or I.W.E. may also be acceptable.
- CSA W178.2 Level 3 Welding Inspector Certificate of Compliance is required.
Specific technical skills: Over 5 years of previous experience in the welding technology field is required.
- Proven ability to manage, coordinate and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, high pressure, highly professional environment in order to meet tight deadlines
- Proven time management skills, a strong attention to detail and work well under pressure
- Must demonstrate a strong working knowledge of ASME Section IX, Section VIII Div. 1, B31.1, B31.3, and CSA Z662
- Familiarity with API, NACE and AWS codes and standards would be an asset
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monitoring welding parameters and writing PQRs: 5 years (Required)
- developing testing protocol for WPS: 5 years (Required)
- Team Leadership: 2 years (Required)
- Welding Engineering or Welding Engineering Tech (WET) (Required)
- CSA W178.2 Level 3 Welding Inspector Certificate (Required)
- Welding Examiner Certificate (Required)
- T.T., C.E.T., or E.I.T (Required)