We are the Devon Alliance for International Recruitment and we are part of NHS. We are recruiting overseas Registered Midwives to live and work in beautiful Devon, in the south west of England, UK.
If you are a Registered Midwife with at least 6 months post-qualification experience we have fantastic opportunities for you! We will support your fast relocation to the UK and you could be living and working in Devon in the UK in the next few months.
We have Registered Midwife opportunities working for our North Devon hospital, in Barnstaple, Devon UK. So, if you enjoystunning coastlines and walks on beautiful beaches and a peaceful countryside setting, North Devon offers it to you. North Devon is within easy reach, via Exeter, of international airports and transport links to London.
Royal Devon University Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (RDUH), Exeter and North Devon Hospitals:
North Devon - The main acute hospital is situated in the town of Barnstaple. North Devon is a rural, coastal area, known for its dramatic cliffs, wild seas and incredible, vast sandy beaches at locations such as Woolacombe, Saunton Sands and Croyde Bay. North Devon’s coastline is award-winning and has been designated an ‘Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’. The beaches are perfect for swimming and is the leading area for surfing in the UK. North Devon also has the rugged ‘Exmoor’ moors, perfect for those who love walking and exploring the countryside.
The Royal Devon University Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust East (Exeter) and North (Barnstaple) hospitals have recently merged so the healthcare provision stretches across Northern, Eastern and Mid Devon, with a workforce of over 15,000 staff. Core services are provided for more than 615,000 people, across more than 2,000 square miles across Devon, while some specialist services cover the whole of the south western peninsula, extending as far as Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
The hospitals deliver a wide range of emergency, specialist and general medical services. Alongside the two acute hospitals, integrated health and social care services are provided across a variety of settings including community inpatient hospitals, outpatient clinics, and within people’s own homes. The RDUH also offers primary care services, a range of specialist community services, and the hospitals in Exeter and Barnstaple are both renowned for their research, innovation and links to universities.
To be interviewed you must have passed your IELTS or OET English language exam at Level 7 or Level B respectively. All Registered Midwives must also register with the UK’s Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and complete their Midwifery CBT exam: www.nmc.org.uk/registration/
As a Nurse in the NHS you can expect:
- Annual leave starting at 27 days per year, moving to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years. This is in addition to 8 bank holidays a year.
- A very generous NHS pension scheme
- Employee Assist Schemes
- Yearly Eye Tests - Free
- Yearly Flu Vaccinations - Free
- Healthy Work/ Life Balance
- Union Assistance and Guidance where needed
- Free Occupation Health Assistance
- Maternity/ Paternity/ Adoption Leave after 12 months service
- Flexible Working Where Possible
- A Huge Range of High Street Discounts
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Free Coaching and Mentoring
- Professional Development
Our generous offer includes:
· Sponsorship and paid visa
· Paid flight to the UK
· Recognition of your previous experience; you are placed on the pay band (Band 5) accordingly after OSCE (£27,055 to £32,890 per year)
· Before OSCE you are placed at the top of a Band 4 (£26,282)
· 2 months free accommodation (single person accommodation) is provided
· Airport transfers, food vouchers, phone card and bank account
· Free accommodation for two months
· NMC registration and IELTS/OET fees reimbursed
· Full pastoral package
· Free healthcare and schooling
· Opportunities for career development
· Eligibility to apply for family visa
· Opportunity to work paid overtime
And much more!
We are holding virtual interviews over MS Teams during 2023. Come and meet us - we may have the next step you've been looking for. We hope to see you soon!
NB: We adhere to the World Health Organisation's guidelines on ethical recruitment. If you are in one of the 56 countries which is on the 'Red' or 'Amber' list, such as Nigeria, Ghana or Pakistan we are truly sorry but we cannot accept your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,937.02-$55,780.66 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- No weekends
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- IELTS or OET certificate at 7.0 or B (required)
- Registered Midwife Licence (RM) (required)
Work Location: On the road