Toronto West Academy is a Science and Technology online school that is based in downtown Toronto and we are looking for an experienced teacher to deliver online ESL/English classes to elementary school students with our partner schools around the world. These classes will typically be held during the morning or evening (Toronto time) and our teachers can choose the class schedules that work best for them. The ideal candidate will be able to make online learning a fun and rewarding experience for our elementary school students, by utilizing a creative curriculum that promotes student interest and engagement and leverages the best practices for online learning with this age group.
- Flexible Location– work from any place with a computer and a reliable, high-speed Internet connection;
- Flexible Schedule– our teachers can choose the number of hours they want to work.
- Bachelor of Education degree with a major in English is required;
- ESL teaching experience is preferred;
- Two years of teaching experience is preferred;
- Previous online teaching experience will be a definite asset;
- Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) certification is required;
- A high-quality multimedia capable (audio & video) desktop or laptop computer;
- A reliable, high-speed Internet connection.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)
- Ontario College of Teachers (Required)