Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 40 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
Our ‘Colonial Cookies’ bakery in Kitchener is ramping up to meet increasing customer demands, and we are hiring a number of frontline production opportunities in the bakery. This is a chance to join a premier North American bakery company that has been around since 1882. We’re committed to ensuring our employees work in healthy and safe environments in order to keep communities across Canada and the US fed.
Job Title – Baking Operators (Mixers/Oven captain)
Job Requirements and Details
(Currently the major responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
What we offer:
- Scaling ingredients according to the formula
- Accurate dough mixing utilizing methods and procedures according to company standards.
- Maintain accurate batch recording.
- Must adhere to all safety, sanitation, GMP and good housekeeping practices.
- Monitor and maintain the correct size, color and weight of various products as set by the company.
- Monitor production during mixer and oven captain duties
- Lifting involved of up to 50 lbs. and assisting on machine changeovers
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 operation.
- Candidate must be available Full time and able to perform during for long hour shifts.
- Performing various production area duties as per assigned.
- Must be comfortable working in a bakery environment.
- Candidate must be able to multi task and can work independently and as a team.
- Successful completion of training in Lock-out / Tag-out Procedure and WHMIS Specific
- Attention to detail & must have Excellent communication skills;
- Competitive wage rate of $18.05/hr + Shift Premiums
- Full- Time employment with Full Benefits Package.
- State-of-the-art, clean and safe working environment.
- Overtime and yearly raises available
- Convenient, transit accessible location
Please note this is full time long term opportunity, selected applicants will be contacted.