Reporting to the Manager, JDE Global & Trail IS, the IS Infrastructure Superintendent is accountable for managing an efficient and cost effective computer processing facility and for ensuring the computing center and communication networks are architected, implemented and continuously improved to provide reliable and quality service to meet the needs of Trail Operations. The incumbent also manages the teams of individuals responsible for providing service related to the planning, installation, support, and management of Trail Operations data, voice, video equipment and networks and client technology (computers, printers, video conference, etc)
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Establish and promote the maintenance of a Safe and Healthy working environment; conform to the Corporate and Trail Operations Safety and Health Programs
- Manage the technical staff and the planning, architecture/design, implementation, support and service activities related to all Trail Operations digital and analogue data, voice, video networks including (not limited to) business and process data networks and video monitoring, public address, radio, physical access security systems and equipment.
- Manage the acquisition, installation, support and service activities related to all Trail Operations client technology systems and equipment
- Work collaboratively with digital systems groups/staff corporately and across the enterprise in architecting, installing, supporting and improving Trail’s computing and data networks and related facilities (power, HVAC, etc).
- Work collaboratively with Teck enterprise and site staff in setting and implementing technology standards for the system/equipment under the incumbent’s accountability.
- Ensure well developed and motivated staff through the provision of formal training and self-study opportunities and by assessing performance, recommending placements and administering the collective agreements
- Prioritize, plan, schedule and allocate work of technical teams responsible for project, request and sustaining work/services related to process data networks, voice, video and data business networks and client computing equipment.
- Establish service targets and ensure a high level of network and computing systems reliability, availability, and optimize network and systems response time and performance.
- Ensure that future needs will be met by developing, presenting and implementing a tactical plan for computer operations; voice, audio and data networks; and client computing.
- Research and evaluate new voice, video and data communications/networking strategies and technologies to keep the network current with emerging technology.
- Develop the scope of assigned projects, cost implications, duration and manpower requirements and benefits of change for approval by sponsor and senior management
- Prioritize projects in conjunction with project sponsors to meet tactical and strategic plan requirements; reports to sponsors and management on project status, activities and plan deviations.
- Monitor projects to ensure approved methodology and technical and quality standards are adhered to.
- Contribute to the success of the Information Systems business unit by participating in the development of the tactical and strategic plans.
- Contribute to a cost-effective organization by assisting in the preparation of an annual budget and monitoring section costs.
- Performs all other related duties as required.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years managing teams of technical individuals.
- 5+ years of IT technology project management.
- 7+ years of relevant experience designing, planning, implementing, and supporting computing facilities and voice, video and data networks.
- Proven technical management and specialist experience of working in a complex IT infrastructure environment
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution abilities are a must
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck atwww.teck.comor follow@TeckResources
Job Type: Full-time