We are searching for a self-motivated teacher trainer to work with teachers at our school. The teacher trainer’s responsibilities include monitoring teacher performance, observing classes, making assessments, and scheduling workshops as well as one-on-one training. You should be able to engage with teachers from a range of different backgrounds and provide helpful feedback.
To be successful as a teacher trainer, you should have strong analytical and observational skills. Outstanding candidates are diplomatic, have excellent interpersonal skills, and are able to quickly identify problems.
Teacher Trainer Responsibilities:
- Observing lessons and identifying teachers’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Providing feedback, advice, and individual training sessions for teachers.
- Organizing workshops, training sessions, and events where guest speakers inspire teachers.
- Collaborating with teachers and other staff to develop improved curricula, lesson plans, assessments, and classroom management techniques.
- Setting weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly goals for teachers as well as students, and providing advice and guidance to ensure these goals are met.
- Returning to classrooms to reassess progress once teachers have completed their training.
- Supervising classroom activities, taking notes, and writing up reports to share with school administrators and relevant stakeholders.
- Developing new strategies and plans for an improved learning experience.
- Keeping abreast of developments in teaching as well as your relevant subject area.
- Building teacher networks and encouraging teachers to share their resources and knowledge.
- Teacher Trainer Requirements:
- Master’s degree in education or the subject discipline.
- Extensive teaching experience in the subject area or a related discipline.
- Experience teaching adults might be advantageous.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Patience and resilience.
- A high degree of diplomacy.
- Great conflict resolution skills.
- A valid driver’s license.
Contract length: 36 months
Part-time hours: 6 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: From $10.00 per hour
- Training & development: 10 years (preferred)
Speak with the employer