The position of fabricator/fitter includes, but is not limited to custom welding, service & repair welding, prototype building. Responsibilities will include the fabrication of custom prototypes from supplied drawings, fabrication of custom jigs and fixtures to produce production parts that meet customer specifications, as well as the fabrication of metal structures using jigs and fixtures in a high paced production environment. The use of various hand tools, machinery and equipment will be required to manufacture metal products. This position will work with Supervisors and Lead Hands to ensure continuous improvements in work cells, hitting quotas, welding according to pre-set parameters using MIG and TIG welding processes. The candidate will be required to assist the Design Department with insight and knowledge of superior manufacturing methods, perform random maintenance on returned products to be refurbished or re-worked to customer specifications, and have strong knowledge and skill in operating all metalworking machinery. Additionally the candidate will be required to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders and other written instructions.
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Operating Equipment
- Providing Consultation
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment.
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines.
- Repair parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Assist in development of repair estimates.
- Conduct Technical Inspections.
- Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits.
- Liaise with internal and external customers for resolution of data and technical problems.
- Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues.
- Prepare input for various management and log reports.
- Provide data to assist in monitoring and tracking project budgets and project status.
- Conduct project review and planning.
- Review blueprints and specifications; ensure drawings and specifications will function as designed in environment intended for use.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques.
- Other assigned work as required.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel -toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
Job Type: Full-time
- fabrication: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)