Standalone Donation Attendant – Spruce Grove
Date Posted: May 26, 2020
Application Deadline: June 9, 2020
Job Type: Part-Time (up to 24.5 hours) Hourly
Shift: Weekdays and Weekends
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
The Standalone Donation Attendant is responsible for receiving donations from donors. Donations are then sorted and distributed to appropriate area for detailed processing and distribution to the stores.
Reporting to Donation Center Supervisor, your key responsibilities will include:
- Accepting donations in a friendly, customer-oriented manner.
- Greeting all donors, providing assistance with unloading items to be donated and thanking donors for their support of Goodwill Industries of Alberta.
- Sorting and packing donated goods in preparation for processing.
- Adhering to all Goodwill procedures and comply with health, safety and security regulations.
**In response to COVID-19, Goodwill has now implemented a no-contact donation drop-off process. Team members are expected to follow all safety measures put in place.**
Successful candidates will:
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Be 16 years of age or older.
- Have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Have the ability to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Have the ability to perform physical work on a continuous basis.
- Deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
- Demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Maintain an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- Recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- Contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- Hold oneself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Continuously look to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- Prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill by June 9, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest in wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check.
**In response to COVID-19, the interview process may take place over video conference to ensure appropriate physical distancing can be maintained. Applicants coming in for an in-person interview may be required to complete a health questionnaire and body temperature scan prior to being allowed in the building**
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)