Reporting to the Manager, System Interconnections, the Technologist is responsible to for design and drafting of underground and overhead electrical distribution infrastructure.
- Design, specification and drafting of:
Underground and overhead medium voltage electrical distribution infrastructure (4kV – 25kV)
- Medium voltage equipment such as transformers, switches, circuit breakers and other devices
- Industrial Low voltage designs such as service conductors, control panels etc.
- PLS-CADD modeling of overhead pole lines
- Grounding design and analysis using CDEGs.
- Electrical studies such as load flow, voltage drop and fault studies in medium voltage distribution systems.
- Research and standards development
- Customer meetings and site inspections
- Project schedule management and tracking
- Design coordination with customers, municipal authorities, other utilities & various project stakeholders
- Electrical and mechanical engineering calculations for medium voltage system design
- Material take-offs from design and project estimating.
- AutoCAD drafting
- Other duties as required by senior engineering staff, including contract administration.
- Technologist Diploma or Engineering Technologist Diploma from a recognized college or technical institution (Civil or Electrical preferred)
- Firm understanding of design software systems such as AutoCAD, PLS-CADD, CYME and/or ETAP.
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to develop business relationships conducted in a professional manner.
- Strong collaborative skills and willingness to liaise with other disciplines (marketing, drafting, construction, survey, and civil) to ensure projects are accurate, compliant, on-time and on-budget.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and drive for improvement.
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Experience working in the electric utility or power systems design roles, ideally with experience in design and cost estimating of electrical distribution projects.
- Familiarization with FortisBC and BC Hydro design and construction standards
- Experience with AutoCAD, PLS-CADD, CYME and/or ETAP, CDEGs and MS Office
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.00-$35.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We have strict rules to follow with COVID-19
- Do you have firm understanding of AutoCADD, PLS-CADD, CYME and/or ETAP?
- Do you have a technologist/engineering technologist diploma? (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place