Aluminum Composite Panel (ACM) / Architectural Installer
Alumax Panel Inc is a supplier, fabricator, and installer of architectural cladding material, mainly Aluminum Composite Material (ACM). The company is one of the fastest growing construction companies in Canada. We are currently in urgent need of installation crews. Whether the person is a subcontractor or an individual who is familiarized with Aluminum Composite Panel systems.
The Field Installer will be responsible for commercial and residential onsite installations of Alumax Panel Inc. Aluminum Composite Material, Aluminum Plate, Metal Siding and other architectural cladding materials. He or she will be tasked with cleaning and preparing worksites, removing items to be replaced, completing required installations using a variety of craft skills including architectural panelling knowledge. The Field Installer must be capable and adept at using a variety of relevant equipment.
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Providing Consultation
- Planning and Organizing
- Team Work
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, blueprints, structural drawings, rough sketches, and specifications to determine work activities.
- Consult with customers, architects and engineers regarding plans and specifications.
- May perform carpentry or other trade work during renovation activities.
- Clean and perform preparation of work-site.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Place, consolidate, and protect case-in-place concrete or masonry structures.
- Position, join, align, and seal structural components.
- Keep a daily log of tasks.
- Prepare a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Respect and respond to direction given by lead-hand(s).
- Prepare estimates for work orders and requests material required to complete the job.
- Ensure an adequate supply of material is available for preventative maintenance program.
- Set up scaffolding as needed.
- Understand and comply with all Policies and Procedures.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- (1) year of experience as a Field Installer, or in equivalent construction related field.
- Currently working in the trade.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to read building specifications, blueprints and as-builds.
- Ability to draw appropriate sketches to communicate details to team members, and others.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material and labour estimates.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to interpret job cost reports.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a minimum of supervision.
- Collaborative in dealing with customers and fellow employees.
- Customer focused - respond promptly to customer needs.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers.
- Make suggestions for improvement.
- Job requires ability to work with tools and materials.
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.).
- Hazards associated with the construction / renovation industry.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Freelance