We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Direct report to Site Warranty Manager
Purpose of the job/Objective:
To lead and ensure an effective interface with a dedicated multi-skilled, multi-functional team of skilled staff to perform Warranty & Field Modification Duties.
To participate to the Service and train availability in cooperation with Maintenance teams
Network and links:
Main interfaces: Warranty Manager, Shift Maintenance Supervisor, Retrofit Supervisors, Team Members and Shift Technicians, Quality department, SC department
16+ Warranty Trouble-shooters and Warranty Support technicians - Day to Day activities supervising
Position organization :
Requires to work mostly evening/night and week ends, to improve the coverage of current organization
Lead all aspects of the team in the Warranty of the rolling stock, and to meet customer requirements within the working timetable.
- Act as recognized leader of Warranty team while ensuring hands-on support and expertise is available to team on shift.
- Ensure that work Orders are signed off correctly, coded and that work has been carried out to the required specifications & standards.
- In conjunction with Warranty management, lead the team to ensure efficient utilization of team resource to meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for the cost-effective usage of tools, equipment, clothing and materials control and monitoring the team budget as it concerns all team costs.
- Responsible for leading and prioritizing the workload of the team in line with depot requirements, including:
- Depot protection
- Reporting and maintaining progress of work
- Use of relevant IT systems
- Quality including the completion of In-Process and Final Inspections, and adherence with Local Quality System.
- Safety - adherence to Local Arrangements, e.g. OCT Transpo Rail Rules and Regulations, as well as ALSTOM Rail Safety requirements.
- Responsible for the team’s, annual leave arrangements, training needs, discipline/managing for attendance 1st line, team rosters and manning levels, time and attendance etc.
- The Supervisor will be responsible in conjunction with the Warranty Team Leader for
coaching, briefing and communications to the team, and will be expected to lead and motivate the team and the team work concept, including the welfare of team members.
- With other team members, will maintain good housekeeping systems of work areas.
- Carryout safety critical assessments of team members
- deputize for the Shift Maintenance Supervisor as required to ensure business needs are maintained.
3-4 years working in Team supervising
IT literate with knowledge of Work, Excel and ERP system
Fluent in English
Knowledge of Train depot environment a plus
Skills and competencies:
Sense of organization
Able to prioritize tasks to reach the Warranty objectives
Technical competencies as minimum to understand the tasks undertaken by the Warranty team
Good reporting skills
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
ALSTOM endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Women and Minorities.
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Alstom is a drug-free workplace
Manager, ERP, Management, Technology