Personalized Health Solutions for Better Wellness
Roulston’s Pharmacy is a community pharmacy located in Norfolk County. We have four stores located in Simcoe, Port Dover and Delhi. An independently owned pharmacy supported by the IDA Pharmacy banner, Roulston’s is innovative in our approach to the provision of pharmacy services, focusing on clinical services across many specialties including diabetes, prenatal care, compounding, smoking cessation and pain management, among others. In addition to community pharmacy services, we also service several long-term care, retirement and group homes that are supported by a team of clinical and consultant pharmacists.
· Perform therapeutic verification of retail prescriptions and related orders when technical verification is performed by a Registered Pharmacy Technician. In the absence of RPT, required to ensure that all orders are verified for both technical accuracy and therapeutic appropriateness. A high level of accuracy is required and performance at a high standard, ensuring that patient safety is optimized.
· Active in administering injections to patients per qualifications covered by Injection Certification and the accepted programs and policies of the employer
· Identification of patients' that would benefit from medication synchronization or compliance packaging and implementing these services for these patients
· Promote and advocate for patient health and the profession of pharmacy through daily activities and at special events.
· Any other professional services required, as mutually agreed upon
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Superior oral and written communication skills
· Commitment to high professional ethical standards and integrity
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with other pharmacists, co-workers, physicians and patients
· High level of skill in practicing within the expanded scope, and excellent documentation skills
· Excellent critical thinking skills i.e.: ability to evaluate the ethics of decisions, validity of written prescriptions and effectiveness of alternate pharmaceutical treatments.
· Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
· Be open to working a flexible work schedule between Roulston’s four locations as required
· Registered Pharmacist with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
· Injection Certified
· Kroll experience is an asset
· Additional areas of certification is an asset
WORKING HOURS – Part-time/weekends
· Minimum 2 weekends out of 5 week rotation
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $48.00-$52.00 per hour
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Match
- Store Discount
- Wellness Program
To keep all staff safe we have installed plastic barriers. We also have all employees wearing masks. Gloves, shields and gowns are available if direct contact with patients is needed.