Mechanical Project Manager / Estimator – Winnipeg and Area
We are looking to add an experienced, self-motivated individual to our team as a Mechanical Project Manager / Estimator responsible for a wide range and variety of commercial plumbing/hvac projects throughout Manitoba as we prepare for growth in 2019.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to join a leading and successful company and be valued for your contributions, we encourage you to apply today! Submit (in confidence) your cover letter and resume including your qualifications and experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
Responsibilities – Estimating
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Familiar with the Manitoba construction marketplace
- Foster customer relationships to attract bid opportunities
- Review bid proposals and information
- Effectively determine bid strategies and prepare bids
- Timely and accurate full cost estimates for projects, including labour, materials, subcontracts
Responsibilities – Project Management
- Manage all activities throughout project life cycle, including tenders, budgets, schedules, purchasing, subcontracts, startup, meetings, paperwork and reporting, invoicing, collection
- Resolve any contract or project issues
- Ensure proper documentation for all extras, including approvals
- Maintain positive client relationships
- Foster safe work practices and procedures on job sites
- Maximize profitability on assigned projects
- Previous estimating / project management experience in commercial plumbing / HVAC
- Previous experience with Design Build / Design Assist projects would be an asset
- Excellent documentation skills
- Familiarity with construction system software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work with little supervision
Ambassador Mechanical is a multi-faceted premier Manitoba based commercial mechanical company that has enjoyed tremendous success since 1991. Ambassador’s close partnerships with its clients, excellent customer service and understanding the need to deliver an efficient and innovative service keep it at the forefront of the industry.
Our company culture includes an environment that values your ideas, teamwork and dedication. We offer our employees excellent compensation packages including health, dental and vision benefits to correspond with your experience level and the contributions made to the team. Ambassador offers a successful track record, a steady flow of work and an interesting variety of projects.
For more information on our company, visit our website at www.ambassadormechanical.ca
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)