Blackline Safety is looking for a Junior Data Scientist to help build and drive our Blackline Analytics platform both internally and externally. We have a world class connected safety system and we are building an analytics platform to match.
Who are you?
You believe big data helps businesses solve real-world problems. You are familiar, but not necessarily an expert with the four general data science umbrellas of responsibility: data ingestion, data normalization, analyzing/machine learning, data visualization. You like to explore datasets to find insights that nobody else sees. You can communicate these ideas through visualizations. You think machine learning is cool. You aren’t bound to a framework or tool and feel comfortable picking up something new if it’s right for the job. You are self-motivated and want to own the delivery of a major component of our offering.
What will you do?
You will have a high level of ownership of the Blackline Analytics platform. You will be responsible for driving the platform for our customers as well as internal questions and discovery. Your job will include everything from producing reports for customers, garnering insights to reduce quality issues in the field and generating ad-hoc reports to help drive sales. Your insights will help us evolve our products and services by leveraging large and diverse datasets generated by customers from around the world.
Blackline Safety is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of wirelessly connected safety products — we offer the broadest and most complete portfolio in the industry. We monitor personnel working alone in populated areas, indoors within complex facilities, and employees operating in the most remote reaches of our planet. Our products are used to keep people safe in the event of falls, missed check-ins, man-downs and exposure to explosive or toxic gas. Our products save lives. Our design, marketing, customer care, sales and production are all performed in-house at our headquarters in Calgary, AB. Blackline Safety is a publicly-traded company (TSXV: BLN).
- Post-secondary degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, Information Technology or related)
- Comfortable with SQL, scripting languages, data shaping and modeling
- Strong communication skills in written, spoken, and visualization mediums.
- Experience working with technical teams
- Comfort troubleshooting and fixing performance issues related visualization delivery
- Preferred: Previously built and deployed visuals with a major visualization tool such as PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik or Sportfire
- Experience with mathematical tools such as Mathematica, Matlab, Minitab or Mathcad would be considered an asset.
- Experience with DAX and M would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Python would be considered an asset.
Blackline Safety offers:
- An exciting high-growth environment
- An experienced, dynamic and motivated team
- Supportive, challenging and collaborative work
- Competitive salary and vacation
- Medical, dental and drug benefits
- Company stock purchase plan with matching contributions
Our clients depend on Blackline Safety to monitor their wellbeing of the employees at work — you can help to make a difference. Come work with Blackline Safety in an exciting, fast-paced work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Calgary, AB (Preferred)