LHSC Victoria & University
Multiple part time positions available with the possibility of working up to 37.5 hours per week, dependent on business needs
Healthcare site open 24/7 – flexible availability necessary (primarily evenings, night shift and weekends)
Grow your career with a company that shares your passion! Our Healthcare division has an exciting new opportunity to join the Sodexo team as our next Custodial Associate!
Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 67 countries, we serve over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of services. We pride ourselves on being committed to the highest standard of Employment Equity and Diversity. By partnering with the Stop Hunger Foundation, we have dedicated ourselves to a corporate responsibility by fighting hunger worldwide. Start your journey with Sodexo, as we continue to grow across Canada!
How You’ll Make an Impact:
As a member of our housekeeping team, you will provide the highest quality of customer service at all times, while maintaining the premises in a clean and orderly manner, including:
· Cleaning light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows, floors and carpets
· Cleans washrooms, shower/tub rooms, and laundry rooms
· Dusting, mopping, vacuuming, sweeping, polishing floors and replenishing supplies
· Moving furniture, hanging draperies, and setting-up tables and chairs
· Emptying trash and garbage containers
· May make minor maintenance repairs or notify supervisor concerning repairs required
· Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor
*Clean and maintain public areas to the highest sanitization standards
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
· One year of previous housekeeping experience in a healthcare setting preferred
· Ability to use tools and equipment and to perform the physical aspects of the job
· Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills, willing to go beyond the basics
· Ability to work under supervision and follow standard procedures, and compliance with all health and safety standards
· Provide Vulnerable Sector Background Check and Immunization Records
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
· Flexible work environment
· Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
· Training and development programs
· Countless opportunities for growth
· Corporate responsibility & sustainability
· Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019
· Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes 2019
· Diversity Inc. Top 50 employer 2019
· And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $19.50 per hour
- Day shift
- Night shift