Pay Rate: $25
Here’s your chance to join the best!
As an industry leader in the transportation and logistics industry, PODS Portable Storage Canada offers a variety of local delivery jobs with stability and opportunities for you to grow and reap the benefits of performance.
Our Lead Drivers enjoy:
- work-life balance (home every night)
- a team culture
- career growth opportunity
- industry leading health and dental benefits and group RRSP with company matching DPSP Plan
- a competitive compensation plan
- paid personal days
- annual steel toe shoe/boot allowance
and much more!
As a Lead Driver for PODS Portable Storage Canada, you will be responsible for approximately 80% delivery driver/warehouse/forklift duties and 20% administrative duties. Driving responsibilities include pickup of containers to and/or from customer locations; providing an effective and incident free delivery or pickup of a container while maintaining excellent rapport with the customer. Administrative duties include storage center operations, distribution of communications to staff, and route review when applicable.
This position offers Health/Dental Benefits and RRSP/DPSP Plan with company matching contributions after 3 months of service.
*Please note, this position requires working some Saturdays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive and operate a truck with a patented lift mechanism to load and unload containers at customer sites
- Accept add-on deliveries as required to meet business needs
- Use company handheld computer for delivery verification and navigation
- Operate a forklift and/or an overhead crane
- Clean and inspect containers to ensure they are presentable for delivery to customer
- Coordinate rental paperwork and payment with the customer
- Communicate with the Driver Supervisor or Storage Center Supervisor or Manager on customer questions and/or issues; Prepare driver notes as needed
- Perform repairs of containers and lifts in the field and at the storage center
- Provide backup for storage center functions when needed
- Maintain cleanliness of truck cab (keep free from debris inside and outside)
- Review routes prior to daily deliveries
- Distribute and/or Facilitate staff communication; Ensure communications reach all associates in the storage center
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Class 1 through 5 licence acceptable but must have air brake endorsement
- Minimum of 1 year of experience employed as driver performing delivery functions
- Must maintain a current/valid driver license from the province in which position is assigned
- Must have no moving violations during the past three (3) years (insurance requirement)
- Must be at least 21 years of age (insurance requirement)
- Previous computer or hand held device experience desired
- Possess math skills sufficient to perform required duties
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Portable Storage Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, place of birth, military service status, or other basis protected by law.
We are excited to offer this position which includes a very competitive salary, benefits including a Group RRSP plan and the opportunity to join a modern and growing organization. We look forward to discussing this exciting opportunity with qualified candidates; please forward your resume.
We also have part time positions available for working Saturdays, weekends, evenings or other flexible schedules. Please contact us for details!
Please visit www.PODS.com to see what our business is all about!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 /hour