Ironclad Developments Inc. is currently accepting applications for the position of: Land Acquisition Manager, to join our growing team. Our company is built on a foundation of trust, honesty, integrity and industry excellence and we are excited to be able to offer this new position within our growing family. Ironclad Developments Inc. Specializes in project management/developmental/multifamily construction and property management across Western Canada.
The successful candidate for this position must be analytical and detail-oriented with an expert understanding of current Land Acquisition and Real Estate Principles. They must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to analyse and summarize complex information.
The successful candidate will be required to work with a broad spectrum of job categories within the company. This position will be held at our Head Office in Winnipeg, MB.
- Locate and acquire land across Canada for multi-family residential developments
- Evaluate and inspect land under consideration for acquisition; and recommends based on actions consistent with established company guidelines and requirements
- Maintain knowledge of real estate concepts and geographical knowledge of the work area
- Preparation and presentation of land acquisition packages for COO and CEO approval
- Investigate land details and due diligence to determine eligibility for land acquisition
- Review land acquisition contracts and ensure contractual terms are complete
- Support creation of medium to long term land acquisition strategy
- Prepare market reports including pricing, land analysis and market research
- Coordinate with third party consultants when necessary (legal, A&E, brokers, etc.)
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required
- Oversee all aspects of land acquisition projects
- 5+ years’ experience in successful land acquisition, planning, zoning, laws, contract negotiations and terms agreement
- Experience working with brokerage firms or as real estate brokers for land transactions
- Working experience in land acquisition, real estate and knowledge of multifamily real estate development preferred
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong management skills, results-driven, with ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Effective time management and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Post-secondary education in geography, GIS, land acquisition/real estate, or a business related discipline. Diploma or professional training related to land acquisition and management is considered an asset
- Capability to travel to various locations when required and hold a valid driver's license
Ironclad Developments Inc. offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive group benefit/pension plan. Position start date is tentative for immediate placement. Interested candidates are requested to submit resume, qualifications, certificates and references for consideration to the attention of Human Resources. Please include salary expectations with our cover letter. We thank all candidates in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Land Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)