Why Work For Us
Commissionaires is Canada’s largest private sector employer of veterans with over 22,000 employees across Canada. We are a not-for-profit organization with a social mandate to provide meaningful employment to former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and others who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians. We are arguably the largest security company in Canada.
Our only reason for being is creating meaningful employment. When you become a Commissionaire, you have opportunities not available to most security organizations. For example, did you know we have been the sole provider of security to the federal government since 1925? From judicial sites to military bases, we have some of the most exciting opportunities for our Commissionaires. Are you in school pursuing a business degree? Did you know we recently completed a security consulting engagement with a $200B pension fund with recommendations to the executive committee and board of directors that will shape their security profile in New York, Hong Kong, London and Toronto? Perhaps you’re in school with a background in police foundations? We have unparalleled access to subject matter experts and relationships within the federal and municipal law enforcement community. We are one of the largest providers of non-core policing and bylaw enforcement to police departments and municipalities across the country. In terms of veteran engagement, we are sponsors of Canadian Armed Forces Appreciation Day at the RBC Canadian Open, Rogers Cup, and the Toronto Argonauts.
Our Board of Directors has endorsed a 10 year plan to shape the next 100 years of our storied organization. We're always looking for the best and brightest to join us for the journey.
Commissionaires Great Lakes has an immediate opportunity for an experienced, mature and highly-motivated Dispatcher. Candidates are required to have previous security experience, excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, have the ability to provide excellent customer service, be highly reliable, work well under pressure, have the ability to multi task and be part of a team. The Cmre will report to the Site Supervisor & utilize the post orders to provide superior customer service, security & protection to the client and property/assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring client property is secure
- Monitoring of CCTV
- Maintaining a professional working relationships with employees & clients
- Maintaining high standards of personal appearance and deportment
- Responding to alarms & alarm panels
- Providing assistance to employees & clients.
- Completing daily logs & reports as needed
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Ontario Security Guard Licence
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Strong Communication Skills
- Veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces (Preferred)
We also offer Excellent Benefits:
- Medical and Dental
- Employee assistance programme
- Family Assistance programme
- Coaching and counselling support – Career Planning, Retirement, Shift work, Relationships, Financial Planning, Child care and Parenting, Smoking Cessation, Nutrition, Lifestyle changes etc.
- Online Resources – e-learning, interactive tools, health and wellness, life balance and workplace articles.
We would like to thank all interested candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted
Commissionaires Great Lakes is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunities. You can be confident that our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified, if requested, provided the applicant has met Bona-Fide requirements for the open position. If contacted applicants must make any accommodation needs known in advance.
Shift Timing: Monday – Sunday (Continental Rotational Shift)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.20 /hour
- Security Guard: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ontario Security Guard Licence (Required)
- First Aid & CPR Level C (Required)
- English (Required)