Nutri-lawn is national industry leader in environmentally friendly lawn care and landscape services. Start or build your career with a brand that excels in horticultural practices, customer service, the latest technology and employee training and development. Work outside and work independently instead of sitting in a cubicle or in a retail store while being be part of a leading team of landscapers and lawn care professionals. We provide excellent opportunities for candidates looking to build a career in lawn care, horticultural services, and landscaping. This position is also suited for university students looking to make a great income to support their studies through seasonal employment while adding technical and customer service skills to their resumes. In this role you will:
- Have your own service truck and service designated customers every day.
- Apply our professional grade turf care products in compliance with technical and safety specifications.
- Be fertilizing, spraying liquids, aerating, seeding, and other lawn care services.
- Interact with customers each day to help educate, inform and quote services and horticultural practices for beautiful lawns and to solve lawn problems.
- Provide detail notes and recommendations to our customers.
- Communicate with customer service staff to provide excellent service to our customers.
- Complete production and service reports using our systems.
- Enjoy working outside in different types of weather.
- Walk 10 to 20 km per day.
- Frequently move or lift 25 pounds and periodically lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be working 50 hrs a week with the flexibility to work extra hours as required as scheduled.
You will learn:
- Customer service and sales skills that you can transfer into other roles.
- Lawn care, turf management, and landscaping best practices from some of the best turf managers in the industry.
- The use of technology tools to manage an efficient business.
- To work independently, and as part of a team.
You will earn:
- A very competitive wage $850 - $1050 a week, plus
- A Performance bonus as you achieve sales, and
- An end of year bonus for completing a full season of service
- You have a valid drivers licence and a clean driving record.
- You have your high school diploma or equivalent.
- You’re a person with a positive attitude and ‘can-do’ work ethic.
- You are punctual, have good time management and organization skills, and an ability to work with minimal supervision.
- You possess good verbal and writing English communication skills in order to read, interpret, and apply technical, safety, customer service and sales documentation, information, processes and procedures.
- Lawn Care or Landscaping experience an asset but not required.
Prior experience in customer service roles in other sectors would be desirable but not essential. All candidates will have to pass a Background check. Accessibility Nutri-Lawn is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT ON A BUS LINE.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
- landscaping: 1 year (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place