Experienced Leasing Specialist
Leasing Specialists play a vital role and are the first face for Old Oak, starting the resident relationship off in a friendly and positive manner. They work with customers from the beginning of the leasing experience right through to occupancy. As such, we place our trust in them and their ability to give these neighbours the best service, the best apartment, and the best experience possible. Getting to know the tenants, from their first step into the office to the moment keys are being placed in their hands, you are a cornerstone of what Old Oak stands for.
We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic Leasing Specialist who seeks and embraces the opportunity to grow with us here at Old Oak. Please send your detailed resume and a cover letter.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Meet with prospective tenants and provide information on apartment and building offerings and availability
- Show vacant units and building amenities to prospective tenants
- Oversee completion of leasing application assisting prospective tenants
- Process rental applications including all required landlord and credit checks
- Stay up to date and educated on all current internal leasing policies, procedures and documents, and any future updates and changes
- Answer phones and direct the calls or take messages
- Assist with other reception & customer service duties as needed during lunch hours, breaks and vacations
- Continuously look for ways to improve the Customer Experience
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Positive and friendly, while adapting easily to new surroundings
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Clear police information check
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license/ insurance
- Previous sales experience preferred, but will train the right candidate.
- Previous experience with the Residential Tenancies Act preferred, but not required
- Good communication and comprehension skills both written and verbal English
- Occasional weekend required
Who We Are
Old Oak Properties has been focused on improving the quality of life for all people throughout London, Ontario. We believe ours is a story of integrity, commitment to community, and trust. From the beginning, our apartment buildings have been built on a foundation that values people. We believe we’re in the business of building neighbourhoods in which people can thrive and prosper.
Here at Old Oak, we are a quickly growing company and are excited to maintain the right staff. As such, we offer a very competitive compensation package to attract and maintain the best people.
Old Oak is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any accommodation during any part of the application process, please do not hesitate to request it.
What We Offer
- A friendly, fun and safe team-oriented work environment
- Room for future growth and advancement
- Regular training and development
- Complimentary fitness membership
- Volunteering Days
- Employee based committees: Party Planning Committee, Giving Back Committee
- Health/Dental benefits package
- Competitive wage structure
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Leasing : 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)