For over 5 decades, Whissell’ s expertise has focused on deep Underground Utility infrastructure and Earthwork construction services. We are built on strong core values and take pride in our Team, our dedication to Safety, and excellence in the work we do.
Whissell is looking for individuals that want to be part of an industry leader whose goals are to keep ahead of the curve on technology and innovative solutions. If you are committed to growing Whissell services, divisions, and innovating solutions to the industry, Apply today! We look forward to you joining our Team.
Whissell is currently looking for a HET Field Mechanic to join our Leduc team. The successful candidate will display high attention to detail as they assist the Shop Team with various aspects of construction projects. Reporting to the Equipment Manager, the right candidate will support Whissell’s vision, mission, S.P.I.R.I.T of values, and three daily pillars of Safety, Quality and Efficiency.
- Troubleshooting of engine, hydraulic, electrical, braking and powertrain systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair all makes and models of Heavy Equipment
- General mechanical repairs
- Competently use typical shop equipment including hoists, air jacks, and hydraulic equipment
- Diagnose and complete repairs, PMs on all company equipment in shop and field.
- Order parts/material required to complete repairs
- Ability to work call-outs, weekends and overtime, if required.
- Willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Inform Field Foreman of work activities, issues, and work flow issues
- Ensure work is performed within Alberta OH&S guidelines and Whissell safety policies and procedures, including Job Hazard Assessment, Risk Assessment, Tool Box meetings, communication of Safety Memos and that all incidents are reported (near misses, property damage, injuries, environmental, etc) before the end of the shift
- Red Seal Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician – Off Road or equivalent.
- Off Road experience is REQUIRED
- Valid class 5 license, with a clean drivers abstract.
- Must have your own tools
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Dealership experience and training considered an asset
What We Offer
- Competitive total compensation package commensurate with level of experience
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and vision benefits plan, Life insurance, and long term disability.
- Company matched RRSP Program
- Professional and Career development opportunities (WIT program for training and operator competencies)
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Safety Incentives, Retention Incentives, and Safety Awards
- SPIRIT of Values employee rewards and recognition program
Work Environment: Outdoors, confined spaces, and must be able to work in all types of weather conditions.
Apply now to become part of a driven team!
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime may be required during peak months.
To apply, please submit your resume and driver’s abstract letter through indeed or visit our website whissell.ca
Whissell would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
If you are a reliable and experienced Heavy Equipment Technician looking for a new opportunity, we want to hear from you. Apply today to join our team!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $48.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Journeyman Mechanic (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-18