Signex Manufacturing Inc. is Growing!
Signex Manufacturing is a custom sign manufacturer focused on high-end wayfinding systems and large scale signage projects such as pylon signs and monument signs for commercial, industrial & retail clients. Signex offers design, fabrication and installation of signage from our 25,000 square foot state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Steinbach, MB.
Signex is in growth mode and we are currently seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant/Pre-Production Tech member for our team! This is a dual role with a dual reporting structure.
The Dual Role:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Administrative Assistant will provide support to the office staff. The successful individual will be answering phones, greeting walk-in clients and the public, completing necessary paperwork and arranging for shipment of samples, signs and contracts.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Pre-Production Tech will be responsible for all the required preparation and paperwork from the close of the sale to the production floor. This involves submitting requests to engineers, applications for permits, prepping files for print and cut, and the creation of job sheets.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities include:
- Manage all incoming calls in a courteous and friendly manner
- Greet walk-in customers ensuring their needs are met in a pleasant manner
- Arrange shipping and receiving for some projects, tenders and samples, as well as keeping track of the samples that are sent
- Supporting the outside sales team by writing quotes and/or contacting clients
- Providing As-Builts and O&M Manuals and closeout documentation of work for tendered projects
- Invoicing completed jobs in Shopvox and submit to the Financial Controller for billing
- Completing additional duties as assigned
Pre-Production Responsibilities Include:
- Ordering specialty items for specific projects
- Placing requisitions to Purchaser for other job specific materials
- Preparing print, cut and CNC files for production
- Requesting Engineer drawings and stamps
- Applying for permits upon approval of design & quote
- Creating job sheets and distribute when permits have cleared
- Complete additional duties as assigned
Qualifications for this dual role include:
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Basic understanding of CorelDraw and Adobe Suite software
- Demonstrated experience in working in an office setting
- High School Diploma
- Previous sign experience is an asset
Characteristics of the high-performing individual:
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude and relational personality
- Detail-oriented with a focus on supporting the whole team
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced office environment
This is a full-time position and has the opportunity for some pre-approved overtime. We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those that apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time