SmartMeds Pharmacy…. Start your career in a smart direction today!
Looking to Hire a Pharmacy Assistant – Inputter for our Long Term Care Pharmacy
Smartmeds Pharmacy is a leading provider of pharmacy services to Southern Ontario's long-term care facilities, providing pharmacy services to more than 3000 clients in Ontario, including Long Term Care homes, Retirement Residences and Community Living/Group home settings.
Our pharmacy offers a uniquely streamlined and customized service matched to each facility and to their residents, and we are passionate about our involvement as health care providers in the local communities.
The responsibilities for our Pharmacy Assistant - Inputter are:
- Verifying the accuracy of medication and prescription requisitions while entering data into the Kroll and PCC systems for the Long Term care clients
- The overall receipt and processing of patient’s medication requisitions
- Receives requisitions, reviews, orders from the various facilities via fax or email on a daily basis; reviews requisitions to ensure legibility
- Retrieves patient’s file within Kroll
- Verifies that requisition or review is current and valid according to documentation
- Determines accuracy of requisition or review to patient’s file
- Contacts various facilities to verify signature authorization of medications, dosages, or questions regarding patient status
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Cross train to other Pharmacy Assistant positions, as required
Experience and skills required are:
- Pharmacy Assistant/Technician Diploma or Certificate required
- 1-3 years previous pharmacy experience
- Previous experience using Kroll and PCC an asset
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Excellent Alpha-numeric data entry skills, computer literate
- Ability to perform highly repetitive tasks, ability to work at a fast pace
- Attention to detail, critical accuracy
- High sense of urgency, ability to handle large volume workload
- Ability to handle stress, highly organized
Permanent, Full Time
Job Posting Number:
SmartMeds welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent