Journeyperson-Heavy Duty Mechanic
Why work for O’Hanlon Paving?
- Company paid relocation expenses;
- Opportunity for year-round employment within Edmonton;
- Great team and amazing work culture;
- Competitive wages and a great comprehensive benefits package;
- Generous vacation benefits;
- Eligibility for paid overtime;
- Training provided for various activities.
- OHanlon Paving, a proud member of The Fath Group, has been a key player in the Edmonton, road construction
- industry for over 65 years. We pride ourselves in the quality of our finished projects, our strong safety culture, and
- our opportunities for employee development. We are currently looking for an experienced Journeyperson Heavy
- Duty Mechanic to work year around in a full-time capacity in our Acheson, AB shop. The successful candidate must
- be able to align with the company's core values: Commitment, Attitude and Respect.
- Inspect, repair and adjust gasoline and diesel-powered units;
- Perform maintenance and repair activities on various pieces of heavy equipment; including but not limited to trailers, pavers, loaders, skid steers, graders, excavators, dozers, backhoes and trucks;
- Diagnose, service and repair various systems found on pieces of heavy equipment, such as mechanical and
- computer electronic controls, air brake systems, transmissions, high voltage generators, propane powered
- equipment and pneumatic systems;
- Perform routine maintenance checks and adjustments to fluid levels, hoses, belts, brakes, tires and
- Diagnose problems, disassemble units, repair or replace parts and re assemble units;
- Keep tools, equipment and work area clean, organized and in good working condition.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of, and comply with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics.
- Other mechanic and shop duties as required.
- Journeyperson Heavy Duty license will be required with a valid CVI certificate.
- Knowledge and prior experience with diagnostic and repair of heavy equipment, commercial trucks and
- trailers of many makes and models is required.
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Ability to work continuously for prolonged periods of time under pressure is required.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- High attention to detail, strong communication skills and ability to follow directions are highly desirable.
- Must be willing to train apprentices, have the ability to work collaboratively in a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Must display a willingness and ability to work extended hours and weekends if required.
- Must possess or be prepared to obtain all necessary safety certifications.
The Fath Group: Building Positive Change in Our Communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person