Okta is looking for a Software Engineer in Test to join our Admin Experience, Lifecycle Management team for both automation and end-to-end testing. This team is responsible for the Okta Administrator experience that will be front and center to thousands of Okta administrators who configure and enable our best of breed identity solution for millions of end users. The ideal candidate will share our passion and great pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in automated testing and an iterative process to build high-quality enterprise software and service.
What you will do in this role:
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Develop test plans and automation for high-performance, scalable software components and APIs
- Validate authentication related fixes
- Automated test development, design and code reviews
- Build end to end functional and automated test plans that cover customer scenarios
- Work with the QA team and engineering management to scope and plan QA and test engineering efforts
- Contribute to functional testing of new code
- Design and implement scalable and reliable automated tests
- Interface with Development, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams
Nice to have:
- 3+ years of experience with Java-based test automation
- Experience with testing UI's using Selenium and related technologies (React, Backbone.js, etc)
- Solid grasp of software engineering, test methodologies and automation tools
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to deliver well-designed, high-quality test code on time
● Experience in role-based access control (RBAC) testing for administrator and end user roles
● Experience with Spring, REST, Maven, EC2, Redis, MySQL, and Tomcat desirable
● Knowledge of network security, encryption, authentication, and authorization
● Experience in standard authentication and authorization protocols such as SAML, OAuth and OpenID
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.