If you’re passionate about being part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Accountant, Operations Finance role demonstrates our commitment to the Team Member Experience by providing integral services and support to our communities and their teams.
As an Accountant, Operations Finance, your typical day will impact the following ways:
- Prepare monthly financial reporting for a portfolio of properties, highlighting trends and variances to budget.
- Analyze monthly financial results and communicate risks and opportunities to Operations, following up on management plans.
- Perform month-end close procedures with quality and diligence, including journal entries, accruals and reconciliations.
- Support the budgeting and forecasting processes, working closely with Operations to achieve business objectives.
- Act as business partner for Operations and work collaboratively with Shared Services, Finance and Payroll teams.
- Assist with the integration of new acquisitions and/or developments, as needed.
- Performing other duties and support various projects as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Commerce or related discipline.
- Working toward a Chartered professional accounting designation is preferred.
- 1- 3 years’ experience in an accounting position.
- Detail and focused with strong analytical skills, strong relationship building skills, team player, excellent communication skills and a high level of professionalism.
- Delivers quality work within tight deadlines and has the potential to grow with the business.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Shows initiative and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager and SQL is considered an asset.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check.
- Roles which will be within Sienna’s Communities on a reoccurring basis will also be required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations