As the Regional Corporate Paralegal for North and South America you will be responsible for all aspects of company secretarial and associated matters for group companies in North & South America. This role is for someone keen to take on a varied and interesting role within a fast moving and dynamic team - this is not a traditional company secretarial role. The role requires an individual who can take responsibility for a portfolio of companies in multiple jurisdictions and ad hoc duties. Core duties include management of the corporate legal administration and compliance for those companies and various group projects and ad hoc requests. It is important to note that the role requires a hands-on, flexible approach and a willingness to deal with regular day-to-day administration, such as filing, coordinating signatures, correspondence, etc. In addition, the successful applicant will form part of a wider team (based in Amsterdam, Geneva, Mumbai and Singapore) who collectively perform the same role for group companies worldwide.
This position is being offered as a one-year contract for a maternity leave coverage beginning in July 2023. The ideal candidate will be able to start earlier to allow for an extended handover period.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with corporate secretarial practices and relevant company law principles, as well as associated compliance requirements is essential.
- Experience working with other legal jurisdictions, especially in the region, is highly desirable.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience, ideally gained in a similar in-house role with a multinational company or similar.
- Relevant academic background; law degree and/or professional qualification (eg. ICSA) preferred.
- Ideal candidate will possess CORES Level III
- Demonstrable ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced commercial environment, often dealing with senior management and colleagues based worldwide.
- Ability to work independently and comfortable with managing a busy workload of changing priorities.
- A practical, 'can do' attitude and ability to produce solutions is essential.
- A 'hands-on' approach towards management of day-to-day tasks
- Proficient English is crucial; Spanish highly desirable but not essential.
- Familiarity with
- Standard MS Office computer software
- Blueprint/Computershare GEMS or other entity management software (not essential)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Energetic, dynamic and enthusiastic personality.
Ownership of the administration and management of all corporate secretarial and compliance matters for a portfolio of around 100 legal entities in North and South America.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Drafting, reviewing, coordinating and managing the timely and accurate execution of legal and corporate documents (e.g. resolutions, board minutes, powers of attorney, proxies, share transfers, intercompany loan agreements, guarantees and services agreements) to ensure that the companies fulfil their legal and statutory obligations in the relevant jurisdiction.
- Managing, supporting and responding to the daily ad hoc requests which are received in the shared Company Secretarial inbox.
- Providing direction, assistance and support in the delivery of company secretarial services to group entities (including joint ventures and entities which are not majority owned by the group), having due regard to internal guidelines, procedures and global regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with and supporting internal group functions (including legal, tax, finance, treasury) as well as external suppliers, professional advisors (audit and legal) and company agents.
- Company Secretariat
- Colleagues in other offices worldwide
- External service providers
This role will report d irectly to the Head of Legal Entity Management & Company Secretarial (located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands)