We are a BIPoC led not-for-profit organization that strives for achieving diversity, inclusion, and equity that is critical to the well-being of the Halton Hills diverse community. We aim to,
- Acknowledge and dismantle any inequities within municipal and regional policies, systems, programs, and services, and continually assess and make recommendations for measurable progress.
- Explore the underlying, unquestioned systemic racism that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Provide cultural competency education by creating substantive learning opportunities and helping to create formal, transparent policies.
The HHASC is forming committees to perform specific functions and/or certain duties that align with HHASC objectives and goals in serving the Halton Hills community with anti-racism and human rights education.
The purpose or role of each committee is described under the heading of that committee. The responsibility of committee members in all cases shall be to:
- Be committed to the purpose of the committee.
- Become knowledgeable about the work of the committee.
- Do the work of the committee.
- Attend monthly steering committee meetings.
This committee is responsible for carrying out activities, initiatives, and programs, as well as preparing educational materials.
Community Liaison Committees
This committee is responsible for forming relationships and connections with local, regional, and provincial organizations and governments.
Marketing and Social Media Committee
This committee is responsible for developing methods and processes for surveying designed populations. It is also responsible for creating awareness of HHASC initiatives and programs through various social media platforms.
Budget and Administration Committee
The role of the Budget and Administration committee is to perform the properly delegated functions and duties of the board related to ensuring the long-term financial stability and strength of the organization.
Please indicate in your application, which committee that you are interested in working within.
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Application deadline: 2021-02-24
Expected start date: 2021-03-08
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings