Internal Associate Advisor
Sun Life is a 150-year-old international financial services organization providing insurance solutions to over 6 million Canadians.
Part of the Career Sales Force within Sun Life, Kjenner Financial Services has been part of the business community in Fort Saskatchewan for over 40 years and three generations. We are currently looking for an applicant to help us service the insurance needs of our existing clients while also contributing new business to our company.
As an internal associate advisor, you will determine client needs and provides solutions through the sales of managed products and services (e.g. life, critical illness, disability insurance and personal health insurance). Additionally, providing other solutions indirectly through referrals to business partners when necessary.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advising prospects and policyholders on matters of insurance coverage that is tailored to their specific situational need
- Developing and maintaining business relationships
- Identifying prospective customers using established lead methodologies for new business
- Completing new business applications
- Identifying potential cross selling opportunities
- Servicing the ongoing insurance needs of existing clients and managing potential cancellations
- Working with life insurance administrative staff to ensure applications are completed within the determined timeline
- Keeping up to date on new product application processes, guidelines, and industry information
- Meeting annual sales targets
Compensation will be a combination of base salary plus commission
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Life insurance license
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in sales or client service environment preferred
- Highly effective communication skills - oral, written and group
- Organizational skills and effective time management to succeed in a semi-autonomous, fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing customers
- Analytical skills to understand complex coverage details and underwriting guidelines
- This position requires that incumbents must attain and maintain current provincial insurance license in life and accident & sickness
Job Types: Commission, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Work From Home
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
We are presently working completely remotely to ensure our workers and clients alike are at minimal risk while we keep abreast of all provincial health updates through the pandemic.
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)