MISSION PUBLIC SCHOOLS (District #75)
We are accepting applications for Casual Supervision Assistants.
$20.89 per hour (1 hour per day/5 days per week)
This is work involving the supervision of students in assigned areas - inside and outside the school. Providing a high level of visibility, the supervision assistant monitors the activities of students to ensure their safety, well-being, and conformance to the school's standards of acceptable behaviour.
Working with students in a positive, pro-active manner, the supervision assistant works within guidelines and procedures established by the school's Administrative Officer or designate, to whom any difficult problems or concerns are referred. Discretion must be exercised by the supervision assistant when dealing with student matters of a confidential nature.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- brings to students' attention unacceptable behaviour and directs correction - such behaviour may include running in hallways, littering, fighting, swearing, horseplay, etc.
- maintains a high visibility among students in order to discourage infractions of school rules
- when necessary, directs misbehaving students to the office of the Administrative Officer, as per established guidelines for dealing with disputes
- comforts and assists children who have injured themselves by providing basic first aid or calling for appropriate assistance
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- completion of a basic first aid course and a valid certificate or willingness to obtain one within 6 months
- a mature, stable personality with a liking for and interest in students and their well-being
- previous experience supervising children
- good health in order to spend time outside as directed
A clear Criminal Record will be required for successful applicants with a review to be updated every five (5) years.
Please send resume with supporting documentation to:
Human Resources -Mission Public Schools
33046 4th Avenue, Mission, BC V2V 1S5 FAX – 604 826-1761
We regret only shortlisted applicants will be contacted