Shaw GMC is part of the Kaizen Automotive Group, which is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and a leader in automotive retail. Shaw GMC's service department is consistently busy with a high volume of clients early morning and a steady stream of activities throughout the day. We are currently looking to add a QUALIFIED MEDIUM DUTY TECHNICIANto our Team!
Shaw GMC offers a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support for its employees. If you’ve got the horsepower to join a fast paced environment and hit our high standards – apply today!
Medium Duty Technicians are responsible for fixing and maintaining a multitude of vehicles. The role requires extensive knowledge of vehicles and tools (powered and manual) to fix them. Policies surrounding proper disposal (or recycling if possible) are extremely important. You must have a solid understanding of older and newer systems in vehicles. The candidate must be kept up to date on new information from manufacturers regarding vehicles. With the high volume of vehicles in the Shaw GMC Shop, previous experience will be an asset!
- Maintaining strong safety standards by completing workstation checklists and understanding proper usage of PPE and how to care for it
- Inspecting vehicles using checklists and diagnostic equipment to understand and determine any possible problems
- Being able to determine whether a part can be fixed or requires replacement
- Able to perform car maintenance including oil changes and tire rotations
- Able to perform work on engines, transmissions, belts, brakes, electrical systems etc., and be able to use the equipment to fix them
- Must be able to communicate work done and why it was done to customers
- Other duties as required
- Red Seal designation
- Air Brakes Certified
- Must be able to be exposed to extreme weather elements, some noise, perform some work in confined spaces, dust.
- Must be able to wear all required personal protection equipment for the task, including, but not exclusive, of safety glasses, safety belts, gloves, etc.
- Involves frequent walking, standing, crouching, kneeling, stooping, bending, balancing.
- Must be able to perform heavy work and heavy lifting, with frequent lifting up to 50 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits;
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our employees;
- Group Health after 90 days/Dental after 180 days
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism and teamwork – now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medium Duty Mechanics: 2 years (Required)
- Automotive Service Technician (Required)
- Air Brakes (Required)