Outside Sales Representative
- Exciting outside sales opportunity – be on the road 4 days/week
- Limited overnight travel required – territory in your own backyard with mainly local travel, and 1-2 overnights per week as needed
- Seeking seasoned outside salespeople, accustomed to selling or renting high-value capital equipment
- Use your unique ability to act as a hunter and farmer – seek out new business for equipment sales, while also nurturing existing relationships to drive parts and service sales
Do you want to join an independently owned business where you’ll have the opportunity to not just sell, but to truly serve as a consultant to your clients?
We’re Amaco Construction Equipment (http://www.amacocei.com/) , and we’ve been looking for you. We’re a heavy equipment distributor serving a broad range of customers in the construction industry with a premium line of products sold on their value.
We’re a small, close-knit team and we want more than just an outside salesperson. We want a new teammate who’s excited by the opportunity to build a successful career in the construction equipment industry. If that sounds like you, then read on.
Outside Sales Representative
Our team is currently on the hunt for two outside sales representatives to service our Eastern and Northern Ontario territories. We’re seeking:
- One account manager to service our contractor customers (Simcoe, York north of Hwy 9, Kawartha Lakes, and the rest of Ontario east and north of Northumberland)
- One account manager to service our municipal customers (Simcoe, York, Durham, and the rest of Ontario east and north of the Durham region).
We’ll set you up for success by providing training on your territory and our sales process, and then you’ll hit the road to start meeting with your customers.
You’ll build and maintain key business relationships in our industry with Manufacturing Reps and Customers. You’ll rely on your outside sales experience since this role requires a strategic master of the sales process. You’ll fill your pipeline, take leads from cold to closed, and forecast the needs of clients.
Capital equipment is expensive and of high value, and the sales cycle is long, so you’ll also sell your new and existing clients on Amaco’s service, parts, and rental packages.
You’ll earn a competitive base salary, plus commission. Here’s how it works:
- $70,000 base salary (includes vehicle allowance and personal performance bonus)
- Commission earned on equipment sales, as well as sales of parts, services, and rentals (based on percentage of invoice value)
This position is a full-time permanent position. You’ll be out on the road about 80% of the time (4 days/week), mostly within your region. You’ll manage your own schedule, so working hours will fluctuate. We’ll support your extensive travel by covering your travel, accommodations and food. We also offer benefits including prescription, dental, vision and LTD.
Working With Amaco
At Amaco, we’ve taken a consultative approach to sales, embracing current best practices and software to give our sales people everything they need to succeed. We’re an entrepreneurial, engaged, committed team driven to succeed together. We know that when one of us wins, the team wins.
We believe in the products we sell, and that comes through in the passion and enthusiasm we convey to our customers. We value the relationships we have developed, and show a genuine interest in our customer’s organizations.
Our sterling reputation hasn’t come by accident. It’s the result of more than three decades of extraordinary service. This is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
Here’s what we need:
- Proven track record of success in an outside sales role
- Experience selling or renting high value capital equipment
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Willingness to travel routinely with overnight stays when needed (4 days per week on the road, mainly local travel with 1-2 overnights per week as needed)
- Own your own vehicle
- Valid passport and the ability to travel to the US for manufacturer training or tradeshows/conference
- Experience scheduling your own sales calls and documenting sales information in a CRM (or similar system)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manage data
- Post-secondary education in sales, marketing or related field
- Experience in contractor sales and/or experience in municipal sales
- Experience using any CRM
- AZ/A Restricted license
- Marketing experience
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.