Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your leadership, passion and commitment to advancing pharmacy practice? Would you appreciate a dedicated and encouraging team to support and share your vision?
We have an exciting opportunity for you! Murphy Healthcare owns and operates pharmacies, medical centres and retirement homes. The company has been in business for over 35 years and is a multi-national award winner in health promotion, patient care, innovation, pharmacy design and charitable work.
We are seeking a pharmacy analyst with experience analyzing and reviewing pharmacy practice and information to support improving overall business performance. This team member will be involved in identifying opportunities for change, implementing various initiatives, and supportingand training pharmacy teams to actively drive the success of the pharmacy while ensuring a safe and effective pharmacy practice that provides exceptional care.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Working with the Director of Pharmacy Operations, thePharmacy Operations Analystwill support pharmacy dispensary operations for the company by reviewing and analyzing data and business performance metrics. They will be instrumental in supporting the development and implementation of pharmacy processes and procedures to achieve operational excellence, and enhance profitability while handling multiple projects simultaneously.
The Pharmacy Operations Analyst must have a passion for the business, advanced Telus Kroll Pharmacy software skills, strong business acumen, and a curious and energetic drive to seek additional information and establish responsive and proactive business performance plans. They will have a proven successful record of introducing new processes and procedures within pharmacy dispensaries to improve operational efficiency and overall business success.
This position offers the ability to work remotely, competitive wage and benefit package!
- Ability to review and analyze pharmacy data to support financial and operational reporting
- Develop quality standards by monitoring and reviewing weekly projections and pharmacy performance metrics
- Investigate, understand, review and identify critical financial metrics such as labor, inventory, growth opportunities, etc.
- Strive for continuous improvement in company growth and maintain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Review and analyze current, past and new business opportunities for compliance and cost savings.
- Responsible for monitoring changes in government program requirements and designing changes with technology, processes, and policy to meet such changes.
Pharmacy Software & Platform Knowledge (Telus Kroll, PharmaClick, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Telus Kroll Pharmacy Software including reporting, pharmacy configuration, advanced settings, and preferences.
- Ability to identify and organize groups and other settings with Kroll to support efficient pharmacy operations including reporting, batching, etc.
- Ability to generate Kroll-based reports and analyze data
- Advanced knowledge of McKesson and PharmaClick platforms including order, receiving, and reporting functionality
- Experience with eMAR platforms (Point Click Care, Med-eCare, Catalyst)
- Ability to review and interpret data to identify trends, anomalies, and changes
- Ability toanalyze and adjust data to present it as graphs, charts, etc.
- Ability to utilize all Microsoft programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) to optimize presentation and utilization of data
- Strong history in financial and workflow analysis
- Identify areas of known and potential risk and develop strategies to minimize where possible
Process Implementation/Change Management
- Lead projects throughout all stages (planning, implementation, monitoring, and follow-up)
- Ability to review and modify existing practices to improve workflow and increase efficiency
- Ability to explain change to team members so they are aware of entire process, including indication/background and goals of project
- Strong understanding of provincial pharmacy formularies and funding models
- Knowledge of provincial and federal regulations and standards regarding pharmacy practice
- Knowledge of specialty pharmacy services (i.e. long term care homes and retirement communities, other multi-dose packaging, etc.)
- Align personal and organizational conduct with ethical and professional standards
- Proactively collaborates to exceed service expectations
- Considers the client experience and service when analyzing processes and workflow
- Responsibility to the client and community – superior client service
- Commitment to lifelong learning and improvement
Taking Initiative/Results Driven/Quality Focused
- Follows direction of organization while striving for continuous quality improvement
- Being action focused, getting things done independently and as part of the team
- Supports initiatives, leads project implementation for process improvements
Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Establishes effective work processes, measures and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Quickly and practically solves problems
- Creates awareness, identifies issues, problems, opportunities
- Understands the impact of decisions on the organization and the environment
- Promotes organizational development and continuous improvement
- Organizes projects and communicates with the team and leadership regarding progress regularly
- Seeks opportunities to improve existing routines or processes
- Champion for change by demonstrating a positive attitude to change
- Knowledge of liability and compliance regulation, the ability to build strategies to mitigate risk
- Application of techniques that continually improve the quality of services, client safety, organizational performance, and the financial health of the organization.
- An understanding of how technology can be used to promote operational efficiency
- Experience with distribution technology (i.e. SynMed, VBM, PACMED, etc.)
Qualities & Skills
- Highly organized
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willingness to travel
- Post-Secondary Education (i.e. Pharmacy Assistant/Technician Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, etc. )
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in pharmacy operations
- Solid understanding of the Pharmacy landscape and community practice
- Progressive pharmacy operations experience
- Excellent understanding of retail operations and processes
- Superior interpersonal and collaborative skills as well as excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, challenging and constantly changing work environment
- Physical requirements include: Sitting for extended periods of time; repetitive hand movements; lift, carry, move up to 20 pounds
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your cover letter and resume
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to internal candidates
Murphy Healthcare is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer.